Dr. Timothy Gerhart D.C., D.A.B.C.I., Dipl.Ac.,B.C.N., Founder and Director of Renovare Wellness By Design Natural Health Clinic, has completed a third book entitled: WHY AM I NOT RIGHT SINCE MY CONCUSSION?. The book provides a revolutionary understanding of brain decline post-concussion and effective approaches to support brain healing. It outlines a program with reader- friendly tools to support brain recovery. A reader can learn that one does not have to be knocked unconscious to have a concussion and a first concussion increases risk of a second concussion by 150 percent. Much of our fatigue, anxiety, brain fog, depression, sleep problems, and neuro-degeneration can result from untreated past concussions.
Dr. Gerhart , an authority on brain function, describes the symptoms of a concussion, non-traditional procedures to address suspected concussion, and treatments that support successful recovery. Written in an easy-to-understand format with patient stories and color graphics, it is an excellent resource for those who are searching for answers to their worry-some brain related symptoms.
Dr. Gerhart is also the author of 7 SECRETS TO WELLNESS and TRANSFORM YOUR BRAIN, TRANSFORM YOUR LIFE. The books provide information on how to enhance energy,fat-burning metabolism and optimal brain function with a Doctor-developed plan and LifeStyle that fits each persons’s unique needs.
Dr.Gerhart has over 30 years of experience teaching physicians and patients how to put together the puzzle of why they suffer with chronic disease, fatigue, poor memory and concentration by getting to the roots of their problems. Dr. Gerhart is a Board-Certified Chiropractic Internist, Diplomate in Acupuncture, and Board Certified in Neurofeedback who has added years of training dedicated to the areas of functional medicine, blood testing, advanced laboratory diagnostics, and brain wave imaging (brain mapping) to better understand the underlying causes of chronic disease and brain decline.
Hello I am Dr. Timothy C. Gerhart, D.C., D.A.B.C.I., Dipl. Ac., B.C.N.
I am a Chiropractic Physician (D.C.) which I think of as “Doctor of Cause” as well as Doctor of Chiropractic. I am also a Board-certified Chiropractic Internist (Diplomate of the American Board of Chiropractic Internists) and a Diplomate in Acupuncture (the highest level of certification from the International Academy of Medical Acupuncture). Most recently I became the first Chiropractic Internist to become Board Certified in Neurofeedback (BCIA). All of these letters after my name simply represent a life-long love of learning and a continuing journey to expand my knowledge and skill to help people who have suffered for too long.
My own personal health struggles with Chronic Fatigue, Pain, Brain Fog, Autoimmune Disease, and Leaky Gut which I share in the beginning of “7 Secrets to Wellness” and my personal concussion story in my 2nd book: “Change Your Brain, Transform Your Life” have been a large motivation to keep learning.
My advanced training and extensive experience in helping patients with concussion and mild traumatic brain injury as well as the fatigue, brain fog, pain, autoimmune problems, and leaky gut typically uses evaluation and treatment approaches like:
- Functional Medicine Blood Laboratory Testing
- QEEG Neurobiofeedback Imaging (Brain Mapping) and EEG-driven Neurobiofeedback Brain Training
- Functional Neurology Testing and therapies
- Acupuncture and energy medicine therapies
- Nutritional supplements, herbs, homeopathic remedies
- Gentle adjusting and neurologic stimulation of spine, foot, ankle, knee, wrist, elbow, shoulder and jaw joint nerve receptors to support brain and body healing and balance
- Frequency Specific Microcurrent (FSM) and low-level laser to accelerate healing, boost cellular energy production, reduce inflammation, and relieve pain
- Hormone, Vitamin, and Mineral testing
- Lab evaluation of cellular energetics underlying chronic brain and body problems.
- Genetic testing of Methylation SNP’s and Functional testing to measure effects of genetic SNP’s
- Answering some of the “Why” questions behind brain function problems
- Working with a team of Medical, Dental, and other care providers
- A National Merit Scholar at the University of North Dakota and graduated at the top of my class from Northwestern University of Health Sciences in 1983.
- A registered acupuncturist with extensive training and 30 years of experience in bioelectric testing and treatment.
- Diplomate status (highest level of training) with the International Academy of Medical Acupuncture.
- Wrote and taught the post-graduate course in Laboratory Diagnostics for the American Board of Chiropractic Internists through National University of Health Sciences.
- Author of “7 Secrets to Wellness” available through Vesuvius Press.
- Author of “Change Your Brain, Transform Your Life” available through Vesuvius Press.
- Laboratory test interpretation computer software designer and developer
- Diplomate of the American Board of Chiropractic Internists
- Past president of the Midwest Chiropractic Internists Association
- Member of the American Chiropractic Association Council on Diagnosis and Internal Disorders.
- Member of International Academy of Functional Neurology and Rehabilitation
- Member of the Arizona Chiropractic Association
- Presenter for the Institute for Functional Medicine
- 2000 recipient of the Dr. Bill Nelson Award for Advancing Excellence in Patient Care and Physician Education by the American Chiropractic Association Council on Family Practice
- Founder of Renovare Institute which trains Chiropractic, Medical, Naturopathic, and Osteopathic physicians, as well as Wellness Mentors in Therapeutic Lifestyle Change.
- Certified in Therapeutic Lifestyle Change and a Center of Clinical Excellence for First Line Therapy
- Founder of Renovare Wellness By Design and Renovare Brain Peak Performance